(Cauliflower, Carrots, Okra and Potato)
1/4 cup oil use more if prefer
1 5cm cinnamon stick
2 bay leaves
1.5 tsp cumin seeds
2 large onions
4 to 5 garlic cloves chopped
2 to 4 green chillies chopped
2 tomatoes chopped
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp Turmeric
1tsp Chilli powder
1 tsp Garam masala and a pinch to add at the end
2 tsp Kashmiri Basaar
1 Small cauliflower cut into small florets
2 to 3 carrots sliced
2 medium potatoes halved then quartered and quartered again
- About a large handful of okra chopped or any other vegetable of your choice
Fresh Coriander approx 3 tbsp
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Once the oil is hot add the cumin seeds cinnamon stick cloves peppercorns and bay leaves and let sizzle for about 30 seconds to a minute until aroma let's off.
3. Add the sliced onion and lightly brown this should take about 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Chop the garlic cloves and the green chillies add to the onion base and stir a minute.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes and mix well add the chilli powder turmeric garam masala basaar and salt mix well, let cook until masala forms ( the oil should separate ) approximately 10 minutes stirring frequently. Add splashes of water when stirring to prevent it sticking.
6. Steam the vegetables in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes for the veggies to cook sooner.
7. Add the vegetables to the masala sauce along with 2 tbsp fresh coriander and mix well cover with lid and reduce heat to medium
8. Let cook approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Sprinkle a pinch garam masala and garnish with remainder coriander 😊
*discard whole spices before eating*