1 large sliced onion
2 diced tomatoes
1 tej pata bay leaf
2 cloves of chopped garlic or paste
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp coriander powder
Salt to taste
1. Lightly fry the onions along with the garlic in oil until light brown
2. Add the whole spices and stir through
3. Add the powdered spices with a splash of water and cook until the oil separates from the onion mixture
4. Add the tomatoes and cook through
5. Add the okra and cook to your desired consistency but don’t over cook unless you want it slimy!
6. Remove the tej pata. Add salt and serve.
Garnish with sliced green chillis and coriander if you like.