Lucknowi Achari gobi
Vegetable oil (but I use ghee)
Cauliflower, I use 300 grams per 2 people
100gm onion (if you like it I keep it out)
Black mustard seeds 1tsp
Nigella seeds 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds 1/2 tsp
Garlic and ginger to preference
Green chillies (I used scotch bonnets tonight)
1tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
Amchoor powder 1 tsp
1 tsp salt
1tsp mustard seeds
There’s a long way and short way to make this so I’ll go the short way.
1. Blend seeds - mustard, cumin, fenugreek, nigella, fennel, garlic, ginger, chillies and add a little water.
2. Cut cauliflower into florets
(If using onion, fry them at this point)
4. Add all to the pan with 125 ml water.
4. Add a lid and cook until done. Ten to fifteen minutes. Add amchoor, salt and turmeric.
5. Cook until dry (don’t burn). Serve.