1/2 cup vegetableOil
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp fennel seeds
4-6 black peppercorns
2 green cardamoms
2 to 3 onions finely sliced
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
200ml tomato purée
2 tbsp Kashmiri basaar
1 tsp coriander powder
salt to taste
1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
2 green chillies chopped
1/2 tsp home made garam masala
1 medium sized cauliflower chopped in pieces and par boiled
2-3 cauliflower Stems sliced
Fresh coriander for garnish
1. Finely slice the onions, chop the cauliflower and par boil 10 minutes or so. Slice the stems and set aside.
2. In a pan heat the oil add the whole spices let sizzle.
3. Add the onions and cook on moderate heat until lightly brown.
4. Add the ginger garlic paste and cook two minutes.
5. Add the powdered spices except the garam masala and cook 30 seconds. Add splashes of water to prevent it sticking.
6. Add the tomato passata and cook 5-7 minutes again adding splashes of water to prevent it sticking if dry.
7. Add the cauliflower stems and cook 5-7 minutes. Add splashes of water as you stir.
8. Add the cauliflower pieces and gently stir in and cook 5 minutes.
9. Sprinkle some garam masala and cook another 5 minutes so that Cauliflower is cooked.
10. Garnish with fresh coriander