Traditional Style Kheer
This quantity is for 6 servings:
2 pints full fat milk
1 small carton double cream
2 tablespoons sugar taste finished dish and add more if you like
1/2 tsp rose water
1/4 mug rice washed but not soaked
Pistachio or rose petals or flaked almonds to decorate
1. Heat milk add rice and cardamom pods and gently simmer till the rice breaks down.
2. If you have a hand blender it quickens the process only use when the rice is soft and make sure you remove the cardamom pods.
3. Add sugar and taste.
4. When it’s quite thick it may take a while stir in cream and rose water.
5. Transfer into serving bowl or individual bowls and decorate with crushed pistachios and rose petals or anything of your own choice.
6. This dish is usually served chilled