Recipe for sweet rice
1 mug of basmati rice
Using the same mug 1 1/4 sugar
The zest and juice of one orange
1 tsp rose water
1/4 tsp cardamon powder
65 grams butter
Blanched almond and pistachios to garnish
1. Wash and soak rice for at least 1 hour
2. While it’s soaking make syrup
3. Place sugar, butter,orange juice and rind and gently heat to make syrup you may have to add a little water
4. Add rose water and cardamon
5. Boil rice until it 1/2 cooked or a little more depending on rice the grains should swell up but still be firm drain and then add syrup gently let the rice absorb the syrup.
6. When the rice has absorbed all the syrup add a few drops of different food colouring on the rice.
7. Put on tight lid and turn the cooker flame as low as it will go and cook for 15mins add almonds and pistachios and a few sultanas if you like and gently stir not to break the rice