1lb okra/1 packet frozen okra
1 can chick pea can
2 medium onions
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1 tbs ginger garlic paste
1 tsp salt or according to taste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp pakistani basaar mix
1/2 tsp cumin powder 1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1 tbs dry fenugreek leaves
Fresh coriander for garnish
1/2 cup cooking oil sunflower or vegetable
1. Warm a cooking utensil and add the cooking oil, once hot add cumin seeds let it sizzle then add the okra and fry it for about 5-7 minutes then remove from the utensil and set it aside.
2. In the same oil, add the chopped onions and sauté until light brown.
3. Add the garlic ginger and stir for a minute.
4. Add the tomatoes keep stirring until tomatoes blends with the onions, add all the dry ingredients except for the fenugreek leaves.
5. Mix well and keep stirring on medium low heat for about 5 minutes.
6. Add the chick peas mix well and cook for 5 minutes then re-add the okra, mix well and keep on stirring for further 5-7 minutes.
7. Now crush the dry fenugreek leaves between your palms it brings out the taste and aroma add it in mix and cover the pan simmer for 5-7 min then garnish with chopped coriander & switch off the stove.