Quick mushroom bhaji
350 g mushrooms sliced
1 tbsp veg oil
1 chopped onion
1 finely chopped tomato
1 finely chopped green chilli
1 tbsp coriander stalks
Coriander leaves to garnish
2 garlic cloves minced
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp kasoori methi
Chilli powder to taste
1tbsp tomato purée
Small amount water
1. Heat the oil over medium heat and add onions, cook until soft.
2. Add green chillies, garlic and coriander stalk.
3. Add tomato and cook a couple of minutes.
4. Add the powdered spices and cook for a minute. Add splash of water if it looks like it’s burning.
5. Then add the tomato purée and cook out , salt to taste and add kasuri methi.
6. Add the mushrooms. Stir well to combine.
7. Sprinkle with a few tablespoons of water, reduce the heat to low.
8. Then cover and cook for about ten minutes giving a stir now and then.
Reduce with lid off if sauce seems too runny
Stir through coriander leaves