Aloo Mattar (potato and green peas)
4 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 onion sliced
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 chopped green chillies
2 tomatoes diced
1/2 tsp turmeric,
1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
1 tsp crushed cumin seeds,
salt to taste
1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp red chilli flakes
3 potatoes cut into diced pieces or bite size chunks
1 cup garden peas
2 cups water
1. Heat approximately 4 tbsp of vegetable oil.
2. Add some cumin seeds and let sizzle
Slice one onion and fry until translucent
3. Add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste.
4. Add 2 chopped chillies and cook a couple of minutes.
5. Add 2 chopped tomatoes mixing well a few minutes.
6. Add turmeric, crushed coriander seeds crushed cumin seeds, salt to taste, Kashmiri chilli powder, red chilli flakes and mix well
7. Mix frequently until oil leaves the sides.
8. Chop / dice three potatoes and add to the base.
9. Add a cup of garden peas or better still use fresh peas.
10. Add 2 cups water and let cook covered 20 minutes on moderate heat
Garnish with fresh coriander