Aloo Palak with Kasuri Methi
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
3 dried red chillies
1 onion diced
1 to 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 to 4 green chopped chillies
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp basaar mix
salt to taste
200g tomato passata
3 potatoes diced in cubes
1 tsp kasuri methi
2 tsp crushed coriander seeds
1/2 a bag / a bag of baby spinach
1. Heat the vegetable oil
2 Add the cumin seeds and let it sizzle.
3. Add the red chillies let heat 30 seconds.
4. Add the diced onion and fry until lightly golden.
5. Add the ginger garlic paste.
6. Add the chopped green chillies.
7. Let cook 2 minutes
8. On moderate heat add the turmeric, Kashmiri chilli powder, basaar mix,
Salt to taste. Stir a couple of minutes.
9. Add the tomato passata and stir a couple of minutes until oil leaves the side.
10. Add the potatoes mix well cover and cook 10 minutes.
11. Add the kasuri methi - run it in the palm of your hands and let it fall into the dish.
12. Add the crushed coriander seeds (or add the crushed coriander seeds after you’ve added the spinach).
13. Chop the spinach and add to dish mix and cover and cook another 5 to 10 minutes until all cooked especially the potatoes.
Enjoy with rice or roti — with Roni Ayoub.