· 500g Garden Peas (defrosted if frozen and chopped in a food processor)
· 1 Medium Potato (peeled and diced in to ½ cm cubes)
· 2 Medium Carrots (peeled and diced in to ½ cm cubes)
· 1 Large Onion (finely diced)
· Filo Pastry/ Spring Roll Wrappers/ Samosa Roti
· Red Chilli – 1.5 tsp
· Turmeric – 1 tsp
· Cinnamon – 0.5 tsp
· Salt – 1.5 tsp
· Ground Cloves – 0.5 tsp or 5 cloves
· Oil – 2 tbs
· Hing – pinch
· Cumin Seeds – 1.5 tsp
· Sesame Seeds – 2 tsp
· Garlic – 3 Cloves (finely chopped)
· Ginger – 1 Inch (finely chopped)
· Green Chillies – 6 (finely chopped)
· Lemon Juice
Pre-Prepare all Vegetables. In a large pan, heat the Oil on a high heat then add a pinch of Hing, followed by the Cumin and Sesame Seeds, after a few seconds add in the Ginger, Garlic and Green Chilli. Stir it constantly and after 30 seconds add in the Peas, Carrots and Potato, stir it all together and after a minute add the Spice mix.
Keep stirring the mixture to ensure everything is coated and then add 100ml of Hot Water. Turn the heat to medium and allow to cook for 30-40 minutes but keep stirring every 5 minutes – if its getting too dry add a splash more Water. A few minutes before the end of cooking add in the Onions.
By the end of the cooking the vegetables should be cooked tender, the mixture should be dry and without liquid (if you have some burn it off). To finish add in 1 tsp Lemon Juice and 1 tsp sugar, following this taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Allow the mixture to cool then stuff in to your chosen casing (also works great in a toasted sandwich!)