Spicy Chickpea and Potato Curry
1 can of Chick Peas
1/2 cup Vegetable oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 onion chopped
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp deggi Mirch or red chilli powder
2 tbsp ground coriander
2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp turmeric and 1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 to 2 chopped fresh tomato or 1/4 can chopped tomatoes
2 medium potatoes cut in bite size pieces
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds with lid on cook a minute or so so that it sizzles and mustard seeds crackle.
3. Add the onion cook 5 minutes.
4. Add the cayenne pepper and the deggi mirch or chilli powder and cook 10 minutes.
5. Make a paste with the coriander powder 1/2 turmeric and cumin powder add little water to make a paste set aside.
6. Add the ginger garlic to the onions cook a few minutes.
7. Now add the spice paste.
8. Add fennel seeds and the 1/4 turmeric and cook 5 minutes or so.
9. Add the tomatoes and stir well a few minutes.
10. Add the potatoes cook 5 minutes or so
11. Then add chickpeas and cook on low to medium heat with lid on until potatoes cooked.
12. Garnish with fresh coriander
Add green chillies or chilli powder if require more heat