Spicy Masala Bhindi (Okra)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 coarsely chopped onions
2 tomatoes chopped and 1 cut in wedges
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1.5 tsp coriander/ cumin powder
1 tsp the curry club basaar mix powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
500g fresh okra
Handful fresh coriander
1 tsp kasuri methi
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the onions and fry until a very light golden brown about 5 minutes no more as need the onions to remain slightly chunky
3. Add the tomatoes.
4. Add the garlic ginger paste
5. Cook on moderate heat for approximately 5 minutes
6. Add the spices and cook for about 5-7 minutes
7. Add the okra.
8. Let cook for approximately 10 minutes stirring occasionally so the okra doesn't stick to the pan.
9. Add the tomato wedges and kasuri methi.
10. Add the fresh coriander.
Mix well and leave to cook 5 minutes and turn off