Okra Potato and Red Pepper “Sabzi”
This recipe feeds 2-4.
1/2 a cup vegetable oil
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 large onion - finely sliced
1 cup fresh okra sliced
2 tomatoes cut into wedges
1 large potato cut into fine bite size slices
1 tbsp basaar mix powder
1 teaspoon Kashmiri chilli powder
1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
Salt to taste
1 tbsp freshly grounded coriander powder
1 red bell pepper cut into bite size pieces
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the garlic paste and let sizzle about 30 seconds.
3. Finely slice the onion and add it to the pan sauté 5 minutes or so very lightly golden do not overcook the onions.
4. Add a cup of sliced okra and stir for a approximately a few minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes.
6. Add the potatoes
7. Add the dry spices
8. Mix well and cook uncovered for approximately 5 minutes on moderate heat.
9. Add the red bell pepper stir in cover and cook 10 minutes stirring in between.
Serve with rice or chapattis