Indian Omelette a superb breakfast
2-4 cracked eggs and whisked
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 to 2 tbsp butter
1/2 red onion and some extra for garnish
A few slices chicken salami chopped
1 - 2 green chilli finely sliced
1 tomato chopped
1 tbsp fresh coriander
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 kashmiri chilli powder
Salt to taste
Pinch home made garam masala
1. Beat the eggs in a bowl and set aside.
2. Heat the butter in a frying pan.
3. Add the cumin seeds and let sizzle 30 seconds.
4. Add the green chillies, onions, tomatoes, salami, fresh coriander and mix for a couple of minutes.
5. Add the Kashmiri chilli powder, turmeric and salt and mix well one minute. Spread the mixture across the pan.
6. Pour the egg mixture across the onion and tomato base. Make sure it is already exactly by swirling in the pan.
7. Cover with lid and let cook on medium heat 5 minutes or so but careful not to burn.
8. Turn the omelette over, I take a plate, and cover the pan, turn it upside down then slide the omelette back into the pan. Cover and cook again a few minutes. Turn it back and serve on a plate.
9. Sprinkle some garam masala, pinch red chilli powder, red onions and enjoy with toast or paratha.