Chickpea and Egg Curry
I adore chickpeas anyway and this combination pairs together rather well.
1to 2 cans chickpeas 400g each
1/2 cup ghee or vegetable oil
1 large onion pureed using a hand blender
200 g tomato passata
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
whole spices - 1 Black Cardamon, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 cinnamon stick,
dry spices - 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1 tbsp crushed coriander seeds, 1/2 tsp coarse black pepper, salt to taste
2 to 3 tbsp lightly beaten plain yoghurt
3 green chillies
1. Hard Boil 3 to 4 eggs and put aside.
2. I used once can chick peas so I puréed one onion and two tomatoes separately.
3. Heat half a cup ghee/ vegetable oil.
4. Add the whole spices and cook one minute.
5. Add the pureed onion and lightly brown.
6. Add the ginger garlic paste and cook 1 minute.
7. Add the dry spices stir one minute be careful not to burn the spices so reduce the heat if required.
8. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook 5 minute until the oil leaves the sides.
9. Add a couple of tbsp of lightly beaten plain yoghurt and mix well until yoghurt starts evaporating this takes a few minutes.
10. Add the chickpeas mix well add 3 green chillies whole, one cup water and cook 5/10 minutes with the lid on on moderate heat.
11. Add the boiled eggs and cook covered a further 5 minutes.
Garnish with fresh coriander if you prefer