Boneless Chicken and Prawn Curry Pakistani Style
1 chicken breast cut small pieces
1 lb boneless chicken thigh cut up into small
Prawns (I used cooked king prawns 300g)
4 medium/large onions sliced thinly
Cooking oil (I use olive oil)
Salt to taste
1 tsp Black seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ajwain seeds
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1/2 tin tomatoes
1 TBS pakistani basaar (https://www.thecurryclubhomecooking.com/product-page/pakistani-basaar
Few bay leaves
2 tsp garam masala
2 tsp garlic pickle (I use Ahmeds brand)
1/2 lemon squeezed
2 green chillies slit
1. Fry onions and add salt, black seeds, cloves, cumin and ajwain seeds until onion golden brown. Cover with lid to sweat onions. Add drops of water if needed.
2. Add ginger and garlic paste. Mix and add tomatoes. Cook for few minutes (medium heat).
3. Add basaar, cook for 3-4 minutes stirring well on low to medium heat. Add cup of water and replace lid. Lower heat. Cook 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking.
4. Base should be soft but if onion still chunky then use a potato masher to crush. Add more water if needed and continue cooking with lid off for a few minutes.
5. Add chicken, cook on medium heat for 10 minutes then add garam masala and bay leaves. Cook on medium and keep stirring. Add drops of water when needed. Keep stirring to avoid over sticking. Cook until chicken is cooked.
6. Add green chillies and prawns, cook until prawns cooked. Add pickle. Add water to desired consistency. Bring to boil then simmer until oil separates.
7. Squeeze lemon juice into curry. Add corriander. Enjoy with rice or roti/naan