King Prawn Bhuna
500g King Prawns
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 onion finely sliced
3 garlic cloves crushed
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp Kashmiri Chilli powder
salt to taste
1/3 pint boiling water
garnish - green chillies, sliced tomatoes, fresh coriander, couple of tsp lemon juice
1. Marinade the king prawns in 2 tbsp lemon juice for 10 minutes
2. Heat the oil.
3. Finely chop the onion and add to the oil gently fry the onion.
4. Once sautéed and of a light golden colour add the prawns and cook until the water has dried.
5. Peel and crush three garlic cloves. Add to the dish.
6. Add the spices Garam Masala, Turmeric, Kashmiri Chilli powder, salt to taste and mix well.
7. Add the water.
8. Cover and cook on moderate heat 10-15 minutes until dry.
9. Garnish with chopped green chillies fresh coriander, sprinkle with lemon juice and arrange sliced tomatoes on top
Alternatively mix together chilli powder turmeric Garam masala and garlic. Add the lemon juice prawns and salt and marinade 15-30 minutes. Fry the onion until tender add the prawns and continue frying for 10-15 minutes.