Shakshuka breakfast this morning
This breakfast really depends on how many people you are making it for so adjust the quantities accordingly.
I made it for two but could’ve easily eaten it all myself!
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 green chillies finely sliced
1/2 large onion finely sliced
1 diced red or green pepper
100g pureed tomato
1/2 tsp red Kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
salt to taste
seasoning salt and pepper
fresh coriander for garnish
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste and let it sizzle.
3. Add the green chillies and fry for one minute.
4. Fry the onion and sauté until translucent.
5. Add the diced pepper.
6. Add 200g pureed tomato.
7. Add the powdered spices cover and cook 5-7 minutes
8. Crack an egg in a bowl, make a well in the dish then add the egg mix into the well, repeat as many times for the number of eggs you use.
9. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the eggs
Cover and cook until eggs cooked or as to your preference.
Garnish with fresh coriander
Enjoy on toast 🌞 — with Roni Ayoub.