This recipe was kindly given to our Facebook group by one of our loyal and lovely members Mussarat Arif.
1very finely chopped onion
2 very finely chopped cloves of garlic
1 inch cube of ginger peeled and grated
1 tomato pureed
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
2 pieces sea bass or cod
3 cubed inches creamed coconut
3 fresh green chillies
1. Fry the onions, garlic and ginger in a little oil.
2. Add tomato puree and spices and cook until reduced.
3. Add the fresh green chilli whole as we just want the flavour not heat.
4. Add 1 inch creamed coconut dissolved in a little milk.
5. Add fish cook and cook gently.
6. Grate the other two inches of creamed coconut and let it melt gently.
7. Garnish with fresh coriander and drizzle on cream or creamed coconut melted with a little milk.
Comments from Mussarat
This is quite a mild dish best served with plain rice or naan bread
I put together for my love of fish and coconut