Red Kidney Beans
2 tins of kidney beans
1-2 onions chopped thinly
Half tin tomatoes
3-4 Bay leaves
Garlic 5 cloves crushed
Ginger 1 inch or so
1 tbs Mixed Pakistani basaar
Green chilli (optional)
Squeeze of fresh (half) Lemon or splash of white/apple vinegar
Garam masala 1 heaped tsp.
Fresh chopped corriander
2 tbs Oil (I use olive oil)
1. Caramelise the onion in oil.
2. Add salt.
3. When golden brown add garlic, ginger, tomatoes, bay leaves and mix. Cook for few mins on low/medium heat.
4. Add basaar. Keep mixing. Avoid sticking.
5. Cook for 3-4 mins and add both tins of kidney beans (don’t drain the water - add all in).
6. Bring to boil, then simmer with lid on.
7. Mix now and again to stop sticking. Leave to cook until it all comes/binds together.
8. Will take about 20-30 mins. Add garam masala. Add coriander.