Quick simple chicken curry
Ingredients 1 chicken breast
1 cup sunflower oil
1 tbsp ghee
1 large onion finely sliced
2 green chillies deseeded
2 black cardamoms
3 green cardamoms
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp black peppercorns
1 tbsp fresh ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 can chopped tomatoes
1 cup water
2 bullet chillies
1 tsp kasuri methi
1. Heat the oil and ghee.
2. Fry the chicken breast in the oil. Once brown remove the chicken and fry the onion in the same oil.
3. Add the green chillis.
4. Add the black cardamoms, green cardamoms, cumin seeds, black peppercorns.
5. Add the fresh garlic and ginger paste and cook a couple of minutes.
6. Add the salt, turmeric, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt.
7. Add back the chicken
8. Mix well and cook a few minutes
9. Add the tomatoes, you can add more if you think it needs it, chopped or pureed and mix well cooking 5 - 7 minutes.
10. Add a cup of Water bring to boil
11. Add the bullet chillies and kasuri methi.
12. Cover and cook 20 minutes on medium heat until oil rises
Garnish with coriander (I didn’t have any left )