Paneer Butter Masala
4 chopped tomatoes or puréed
100 to 200 g paneer
2 to 3 red onions
3 tbsp butter
2 black cardamoms
4 green cardamoms
2 dry red chillies
2 bay leaf
1 tsp cumin seeds
1.5 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp red Kashmiri chilli powder or 1 tbsp normal
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp fresh coriander
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tbsp fenugreek leaves crushed
1/4 cup milk
2 to 3 green chillies slit ( optional )
Ginger piece 2 cm cut julienne
1. Heat the oil when hot.
2. Add black and green cardamoms red chillies cloves bay leaves and cumin seeds let sizzle.
3. Then add the garlic ginger paste.
4. Add the butter and mix well.
5. Add the onions and cook on medium high heat after 5 minutes
6. Add the Kashmiri chilli powder and the salt cook until light golden brown.
7. Add the turmeric and the tomatoes and mix well cook for about 15 minutes until tomato onion base reduced stirring frequently.
8. Add cumin powder garam masala and the coriander powder and if you didn't use Kashmiri chilli then add normal chilli powder now.
9. Add the crushed fenugreek leaves
Cook for another 10 to 15 minutes or so stirring frequently.
10. Add 1/2 a cup hot water and mix well.
11. Add the milk and stir
12. Add the cubed paneer. Stir carefully.
13. Add the slit chillies and the ginger cut julienne stir carefully.
14. Leave to simmer about 10 minutes or so
Take out the whole spices where you can
Garnish with the coriander