Pakistani Style Boneless Chicken Curry
Ingredients 2 chicken breasts chopped in bite size pieces 1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 onions finely chopped or diced
1 tbsp fresh ginger garlic paste
2 to 3 chopped tomatoes or 1/3 can tomato passata
2 tbsp greek yoghurt
2 heaped tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp red chilli flakes ( you can add more if you like )
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 heaped tsp cumin seeds
2 heaped tsp coriander powder
3 black cardamoms
1 tej patta
salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a pot.
2. Fry 2 onions until golden brown and remove from oil with slotted spoon set aside. if you choose not to purée the onions then leave them in and cook until light golden brown
3. Add 1 tbsp fresh ginger garlic paste to the oil and cook a minute.
4. Chop the tomatoes and/ or tomato passata and add to the pan cook until becomes jammy consistency and oil leaves side.
5. If you removed the onions, while the tomatoes are cooking blend the onions to make a brown paste and set aside.
6. Return to the pan and add 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt mix keep stirring for 5-6 minutes until oil leaves sides.
7. add the onion paste to the pan and mix.
8. Add the spices and cook until oil separates out.
9. Add one to two chopped chicken breasts mix well and cook 5 -7 minutes ensure well coated ( you can use a whole chicken if prefer )
10. Add 1 cup water first and mix check gravy levels if you want more add another cup water cover ( I used two cups ) and let cook 20-30 l with the lid on. If you need to add more water you can
11. Add 2-4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander and cook 10 mins stirring in between
12. garnish with fresh coriander