Masala Eggy Bread Toast (serves 2)
4-6 slices of bread
1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
1 tsp crushed cumin seeds
1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
Add 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
3 stalks fresh coriander chopped
2 finely chopped green chillies
1/4 to 1/2 finely chopped onion
You can add tomatoes if you like but I didn’t have any in
1. I used 4 slices of bread and cut each slice diagonally.
2. In a separate bowl crack 4/5 eggs and whisk.
3. Add the spices, fresh coriander, green chillies, onion, and chopped tomatoes.
4. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl except the bread.
5. Add butter to the frying pan.
6. Coat a bread slice well on both sides and place in pan spoon of the mixture on top if you like and fry both sides a few minutes at a time until done. Usually a couple of minutes each side on moderate heat. I fry 2 quarter slices at a time
7. Top up the butter each time to ensure cooks well
8. If you need to add more egg for coating feel free to do so
Enjoy — with Roni Ayoub.