Masala Chicken Fry
750g Boneless Chicken cut into small pieces
1 onion finely sliced
3 cloves of garlic and an inch of ginger crushed into a paste
4 tomatoes cut into chunks
3 Green chillis chopped into chunks
1 tsp each of red chilli powder, kashmir chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder
Half tsp of turmeric powder
Salt to taste
Fresh Coriander for garnish
2 tbsp Lemon juice
3 tbsp yoghurt
Half cup of oil
1. In oil add sliced onions, fry till golden brown, add in crushed garlic and ginger and saute for about 5 minutes on a low to medium gas till the aroma of garlic and ginger has come out and its all golden in colour.
2. Add in chicken cubes and fry on medium to high flame for about 5 minutes till its changed colour and released its juices.
3. Add in all powder spices, salt, tomoates and green chillies and mix well till spices have all combined. Cover and cook for a further 5 mins on a low to medium gas till tomatoes have softened.
4. After 5 mins remove lid and saute the chicken for a further 5 to 10 mins till oil has risen to the surface.
5. Add in the yoghurt and again saute for a further 5 mins till yoghurt is cooked and oil has again risen to the surface. The masala should be dry and almost sticking to the chicken pieces.
6. Garnish with Corriander and add in lemon juice. Turn off gas and let stand for a few minutes before serving.
(Please note the spice quantity is approx as I didnt really measure but have given my best. Alter to your own taste if need be).