This one is my husband’s favourite it is Lamb Chop Bhuna made dry and hot!
1/2 cup Vegetable oil
2lb Lamb chops
2 Onions finely chopped
2.5 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
2 tsp Salt or to taste
3 tsp crushed ground coriander seeds
1/4 tbsp basaar mix
1.5 tsp crushed chilli flakes
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
2 tsp crushed cumin seeds
1/2 tin chopped tomatoes or tomato passata
100ml plain yoghurt
1 tsp garam masala
5 green chillies finely sliced
A handful of fresh coriander
1. Heat approx half cup of vegetable oil.
2. Once the oil is hot add the lamb chops to it and stir, cook a few minutes until the lamb has sealed.
3. finely chop/ dice two onions and add it to the lamb.
4. Add the ginger garlic paste cook about 2 minute.
5. Add the salt, crushed chilli flakes, chilli powder, kashmiri chilli powder, turmeric, coriander seeds, cumin seeds
(feel free to adjust the salt and red chilli to your liking). Stir well and cook a few minutes
6. Add the tomatoes mix well and let cook approximately 5-7 minutes until oil leaves the sides.
7. Add the plain yoghurt and let simmer on moderate heat until the meat is cooked and oil rises to the top. Skim off any surplus unwanted cooking oil.
8. Add the chopped chillies, Garam masala, fresh coriander.
Add the fresh coriander