King Prawn Karhai
500g King Prawns
couple of tbsp lemon juice
oil for shallow frying the king prawns
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 onion finely sliced
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tsp red Kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp crushed chilli flakes
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbs freshly ground coriander powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp kasuri methi
200g tomato purée
salt to taste
couple of green chillies sliced
1 inch ginger cut julienned
1. Drizzle drops of lemon juice over the king prawns for about 5 minutes
2. Heat some oil in a pan shallow fry the King Prawns in batches for a minute or so turning over at the same time and set the prawns aside.
3. In another pan heat half a cup of oil
Add the onion and sauté until very lightly cooked so they are translucent.
4. Add the ginger garlic and cook a minute.
5. Add the spices and a dash water
6. Add the tomato passata, salt and cook until oil leaves the sides.
7. Add the green chillies, sliced ginger and fresh coriander.
Add the king prawns add 2 tsp lemon juice stir well 2 minutes then turn off heat