Kerala Style Chicken Curry made with coconut milk and fresh curry leaves.
This is a Madhur Jaffrey recipe I found on the internet.
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 chopped onion
4 cloves chopped garlic
2 tsp chopped ginger
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
15 curry leaves
1 chicken breast
1/2 can coconut milk
Salt and pepper for seasoning
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan.
2. When hot add cumin seeds and 1 mustard seeds let sizzle about a minute
3. Add the chopped onion and fry until lightly golden
4. Add chopped garlic and ginger. Sauté 5 minutes.
5. Add paprika cayenne pepper salt and 15 fresh curry leaves mix well.
6. Add the chicken breast chopped in bite size pieces.
7. Add water and simmer on medium heat for approx 25 minutes stirring now and again.
8. Once sauce has reduced add coconut milk.
9. Stir well and cook further for a few minutes on medium heat.
10. Season with salt and black pepper if preferred.
Eat this dish with boiled basmati or jasmine rice 😊