Kala Channa Paneer Ingredients
3 tbsp ghee
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seed
1 medium onion, fined diced
1 tbsp of fresh garlic/ginger paste
1 tin of kala chana(rinsed)
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 good tsp crushed coriander seed
1/2 garam masala
2 tsp rajah chana masala
Minced fresh green chilli
1. Heat a pan with the ghee and oil
Add the mustard seed, then cumin, then tej patta. Fry for 30-45 seconds.
2. Add your onions and cook right down but not burnt, adding salt also to help break them down, now add your garlic/ginger and repeat the cooking process, adding boiling water when needed to avoid burning.
3. Add your spices except the garam masala.
4. Stir in well and cook until the oil separates.
5. Add your chana and cook on, continue to add boiling water as you go along. You will find you’re reducing a number of times and adding more boiling water before your chana has softened.
6. Add your chilli flakes and your paneer, continue cooking until your paneer is heated through and your chana has reached a consistency in the sauce of your choice.
7. Check for seasoning, add your minced green chilli, cook for 2-3 mins more then garnish with fresh chopped coriander