6 hard boiled eggs, you can always add as many eggs as you want.
2 large finely sliced onions
2 tomatoes – chopped
1 of garlic – chopped
2 green chillies – chopped & coriander leaves to garnish (both optional)
salt to taste
2 whole bay leaves
1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
0.5-1 teaspoon of ground chilli powder
3 teaspoons ground coriander powder
2 teaspoons Garam masala
oil – (I use rapeseed oil)
1) Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and add the chopped garlic.
2) Add the bay leaves.
3) Just as the garlic is starting to brown (you don’t have to wait) add the sliced onions and salt – stir and let the mixture soften and start to brown.
4) After a couple of minutes: Add the turmeric.
5) After another couple of minutes: Add the ground coriander, stir and then add the chilli powder – cover the pan with a lid.
6) Couple of minutes later: give the pan contents a good stir
7) At this point, add the chopped tomatoes, stir gently and let it mix in with the rest of the ingredients. Add water to loosen the mixture.
8)After a couple of minutes, add the eggs.
9) Keep checking the eggs and giving the contents a stir every now and then, making sure the eggs are turned so they don’t burn.
10) Finish off with freshly chopped coriander.
You can choose to add potatoes at stage 7.
Chillies and coriander optional.