6-8 large tomatoes (preferably on the vine for freshness),
1 large white onion,
1 whole bulb of garlic,
1 green bell pepper,
300g Indian green finger chillis,
200g red chillis,
1 bunch of fresh coriander,
1 bunch of fresh flat leaf parsley,
1 teaspoon mint sauce,
Juice of 2 lemons,
White wine vinegar.
1. Peel onion and cut in half.
2. Remove stems from chillis.
3. Deseed the bell pepper and discard the stem and core.
4. Slice top off bulb of garlic and leave in skin.
5. Remove tomatoes from vine.
6. Place all of the above into roasting pan and drizzle with oil and cook at 180C for 30-40 mins.
7. Remove from oven and cool.
8. Place all apart from the garlic into a blender.
9. Squeeze roasted garlic from the skin into blender.
10. Add in the fresh herbs, salt, mint sauce and lemon juice.
11. Add sugar to counter act the acidity from the tomatoes. Blend for 2 minutes whilst adding vinegar to taste.
Its that easy! Enjoy 😉