I came across one of the very first recipes Roni Ayoub made for me. It was in 2015
Chicken Curry with Potatoes and Red Pepper 😊👌🏼 (Roni Ayoubs)
A few tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 large onion finely chopped
1 tsp deggie mirch
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste or 3 cloves garlic chopped and 1 inch ginger chopped
2 tomatoes diced
2 tsp Pakistani basaar
1 tsp home made Garam masala
1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
2 to 4 chopped green chillies
1 tbsp fresh coriander and some for garnish
1 to 2 chicken breasts
1 large potato cut into chunks
Couple of tbsp lemon juice
1/2 red pepper
1 tsp kasuri methi
1. Add a few tbsp olive oil to a pan and heat.
2. Once heated add the cumin seeds and let sizzle 30 seconds.
3. Add the onion.
4. Add the deggi mirch cook onion until lightly golden.
5. Add the ginger garlic paste and stir a minute
6. Add the chopped tomatoes.
7. Add the basaar mix, garam masala, coriander powder, turmeric, salt, and Kashmiri chilli powder, chopped green chillies and fresh coriander. Stir on medium heat for a minute
8. Add a few dashes water and continue to cook 5-7 minutes.
9. Add the chicken breast pieces mix well and cook 5 minutes.
10. Add the chopped potato.
11. Add 1/2 cup water or to chicken level dependant on how much gravy you want, add a couple of tbsp lemon juice bring to boil then simmer 20 minutes.
12. Add the red pepper and kasuri methi
13. Simmer further 5- 10 minutes and garnish with fresh coriander. — with Roni Ayoub.