A rich & smoky chicken curry. A video link is available at the bottom of the page.
• 750 g Chicken (cut into medium sized pieces)
• 2 medium size Tomatoes (puréed)
• ¾ cup / 180g Thick Yogurt
• ¾ cup crispy fried onions
• 1/3 cup / 80 ml Thick Cream
• ¼ cup / 60 ml Oil or Ghee
• ¼ cup / 60 ml water
• 2 Tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
• 1 Tbsp Coriander powder
• ½ Tbsp crushed Kasoori methi (Dried Fenugreek leaves)
• 2 tsp Kashmiri Chili Powder
• ¾ tsp salt (as per taste)
• ½ tsp roasted cumin powder
• ½ tsp Garam masala powder
• 1/4 tsp Red food colour (optional)
• 1 small cinnamon, 2-3 Green cardamom
• ¼ tsp peppercorns
• 1 piece of charcoal
• 1 tsp ghee
• Marinate the cleaned chicken with yogurt, ginger garlic paste, salt,
Kashmiri Red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder,
cumin powder, kasoori methi & red food colour.
• Mix it all really well.
• Light up a charcoal & place it in a bowl over the marinated chicken.
• Pour over a tsp of ghee over the lit charcoal.
• Cover the pot immediately to trap the smoke.
• Let the chicken marinate for 2-3 hours.
• Blend the cinnamon, cardamon, peppercorns, crispy onions, cream with
60 ml water & set aside.
• Heat oil in a pan
• Saute the tomato puree for 2-3 mins
• Add the Marinated chicken (discard the coal)
• Cover & cook on a low flame until almost cooked.
• Add the onion & cream mixture & stir.
• Cook until the oil separates & the chicken is fully done.
• You can adjust the gravy by adding ½ cup / 120ml water & simmer.
• Garnish with cilantro & serve with Naan, Roti or Rice.
https://youtu.be/zKNflCiInRg (Video for recipe and method)