This recipe was shared by one of our curry club family Aurangzeb.
Chicken and Aloo Shorba
1 baby Chicken cut into small pieces
1 Medium onion finely sliced
4 Cloves garlic 1 inch ginger crushed
2 Medium tomatoes sliced
3 Green chillies
2 Medium potatoes cut into chunks
1 cup oil
Corriander to garnish
Water for Shorba (approx 2 cups or desired gravy consistency)
Salt to taste
Chilli powder 1.5 teaspoon
Whole cumin 1 teaspoon
1 Bay leaf
1 inch cinnamon stick
2 black cardamom
Half tablespoons garam masala
1. In a pot add oil and sliced onions, fry till golden brown, then add the crushed ginger and garlic and fry for around 5 mins.
2. Add tomatoes and salt. Cover and cook for 5 mins on a low gas till tomatoes have softened.
3. Add Salt, Chilli powder, Whole cumin, Green Chillies and whole garam masala with a dash of water and saute well for about 5 mins.
4. Add a little drop of water throughout ensuring spices dont burn. Cook till oil has risen to the surface.
5. Add chicken, mix well in the masala cover and cook for about 5 to 7 mins till the chicken has released its jucies. Remove the lid and saute till water has evaporated slightly.
6. Add potatoes and again saute well for 5 to 10 mins until potatoes are half done.
7. Add water and garam masala cover and cook on a low gas for about 5 mins till Shorba has evaporated to desired consistency and oil has risen to the surface.
Garnish with Corriander before service.