Chicken tikka for 2 or chopped raw chicken for 2
1 red onion chopped finely
2 tbls oil
1 tsp garlic puree
1 tsp ginger puree
1 tbls tomato puree
1/2 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 tsp turmeric
1.5 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala
1.5 tsp kashmiri chilli powder or paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp malt vinegar
2 tbls oil
75g unsalted butter
125 ml single cream
2 tbls coconut powder.
1 tbls chopped fresh coriander
1. Heat 2tbls oil and add chopped onions.
2. Fry until soft, add garlic and ginger puree and fry for 30 secs,
3. Add tomato puree and fry for 30 secs.
4. Add the tomatoes and fry until soft.
5. Add turmeric, kashmiri chilli, cumin, coriander powder, garam masala, sugar, salt, and vinegar. Fry for a minute. Transfer this to a bowl and blend until smooth.
6. In the same pan add the oil and butter, pour in the blended mixture and fry for a minute, add coconut powder, add chicken Tikka, and single cream. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Add 1 tbls fresh coriander, stir in
If too thick add a bit of water. If too thin reduce until right consistency. Check for saltiness.
8. Serve with a sprig of coriander and a sprinkling of cream.
Ps if using raw chicken cook this seperately until cooked fully and add when the recipe asks for chicken tikka, but add 1 tsp tandoori powder to the spices.
Voila. Probably the best butter chicken you will have tasted.