Aloo Palak with Roti 😋
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tbsp cumin seeds
4 green chillies chopped
1 tbsp fresh ginger garlic paste
1 large onion diced
2 chopped tomatoes or some tomato passata
2 to 3 potatoes finely cut into bite size pieces
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 tbsp crushed coriander seeds
1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
1/2 bag spinach
salt to taste
1. Heat the vegetable oil.
2. Once hot add the cumin seeds and let sizzle.
3. Add the green chillies and stir.
4. Add the fresh ginger garlic paste.
5. Add the onion and fry until golden.
6. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until onion and tomatoes amalgamated.
7. Add the potatoes and cover with lid until potatoes almost cooked.
8. Add the turmeric, cumin powder, crushed coriander seeds, garam masala and stir well and let cook a few minutes.
9. Add Salt to taste.
10. Take washed baby spinach chop it finely and add to the dish cover with lid.
11. After 5 minutes mix well then let cook further 10-15 mins until oil leaves the sides.
12. Garnish with ginger julienne.
13. Enjoy with roti or paratha.