1 cup red lentils
2-3 cups water
1/2 cup vegetable or sunflower oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 large fried onion
2 green chillies
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
Generous amount of salt
1 tsp curry club home cooking basaar mix
1 tsp curry club home cooking garam masala
1/2 a cup water if required
1 tbsp ghee
5-6 garlic cloves thinly sliced
3 dried red chillies
1. Heat the red lentils in 2 to 3 cups water.
2. Let it boil until the lentils are of mushy consistency.
3. In a pan add 1/2 cup oil and heat until hot. Add 1 tsp cumin seeds and a pinch asafoetida.
4. Add the onion and fry until translucent.
5. Add the green chillies.
6. Add the ginger garlic paste and cook one minute.
7. Add the turmeric, Kashmiri chilli powder, salt, basaar mix and cook 5 minutes stirring frequently.
8. Add the curry club garam masala and stir a minute.
9. Add 1/2 cup to a cup of water if required and mix well. Let simmer.
10. In another pan heat the ghee add the garlic cloves. Fry the garlic by swirling it in the pan. Once almost lightly browned add the three dried red chillies and swirl another 30 seconds. Add to the daal be careful with the hot oil.
11. Garnish with fresh coriander