Red Kidney Beans (Rajma) and roti
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 large onion finely sliced
1 tsp Garam masala and a sprinkle at the end
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp crushed coriander seeds
1/2 cup tomato passata
1 tsp red chilli powder
2 green chillies
salt to taste
1 tsp kasuri methi
2 cans red kidney beans or dried kidney beans which have been soaked overnight
wedge of lime
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan.
2. Once hot add cumin seeds.
3. Add the onion and fry until lightly golden.
4. Add the Garam masala and stir.
5. Add the ginger garlic paste and cook 2 minutes.
6. Add the crushed coriander seeds.
7. Add the chopped tomatoes mix and cover 5 -7 minutes until tomatoes mashed and oil leaves sides.
8. Add the chilli powder and green chillies.
9. Add salt to taste.
10. Add kasuri methi by rubbing in between palm of your hands into the pan.
11. Add the kidney beans with its water mix and cover on moderate heat 20 minutes.
12. Mix well cook a further 5 minutes uncovered.
13. Sprinkle a pinch of Garam masala
Garnish with fresh coriander and one quartered lime quarter
Enjoy with roti or rice