Pakistani Lamb Karahi
1 kg lamb
1 cup vegetable oil
2 to 3 tbsp garlic paste
1 large onion pureed
whole spices - 2 x black cardamoms, 1 cinnamon stick, 3 cloves
1 tsp salt
3 to 4 green chillies made into a paste
1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp basaar mix
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
3 chopped tomatoes
1 cup water
2 tbsp plain yoghurt
1 tbsp crushed coriander seeds
1. Marinade the lamb in garlic paste for about 15 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a karhai, add the lamb and fry on moderate to high heat.
3. Keep frying until the colour changes and the water released from the lamb starts drying.
4. Keep cooking so that the colour changes and water dries.
5. Add one large puréed onion to the meat and stir and cook for about 5-10 minutes at this stage you can also add whole spices.
6. Keep cooking until rawness of onions has disappeared.
7. Add the salt and green chilli and mix well.
8. Add the Kashmiri chilli powder, basaar mix, red chilli powder, turmeric and mix well.
9. Add the chopped tomatoes mix well and cook 5-7 minutes until oil rises.
10. Add 1 cup water
11. Let cook with lid on 10-15 minutes keep stirring at intervals
12. Add 2 tbsp plain yoghurt and stir in let cook another 10 minutes
13. Add the crushed coriander seeds and adjust salt if necessary and stir another 10 -15 minutes
14. Keep cooking until oil rises and meat is cooked.
15. Garnish with fresh coriander
your dish is done 😊