My mother‘s Cauliflower Bhaji
1 small cauliflower florets
2 medium potatoes skinned & cut into chunks
1 large onion chopped
3 medium tomatoes chopped
1.5 tsp garlic ginger paste
1 tsp salt or to taste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1tsp cumin seeds
2 green cardamom
1 small piece cinnamon
1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1-2 chopped green chillies
1/2 cup oil
1/4 tsp carum powder(optional)
Fresh coriander for garnishing
1 tsp Garam masala
1. Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat
2. Once the oil is hot add the cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, and cardamom and cook a minute.
3. After a minute add the onions and cook until it’s slightly brown.
4. Add ginger garlic paste cook for a minute.
5. Add the tomatoes and chopped green chillies and cook until the tomatoes blend with the onions 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Add the potatoes and cauliflower florets mix well cook for 5 minutes constantly stirring
7. Add the rest of the spices at this point if oil is less you can add a bit more oil mix well and constantly stirring for 10 minutes on medium low heat.
8. Add Garam masala mix well and simmer on low hit with the lid on for 10 min garnish with coriander