Meat Curry (you can use mutton, beef or lamb)
For the marinade
1 kg meat I used lamb
1 cup yoghurt
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp meat curry masala (use curry powder if you don’t have any)
For the masala
1 cup ghee or vegetable oil
2-4 onions finely sliced
2 bay leaves
2 large cinnamon stick
salt to taste
1 tbsp crushed coriander seeds
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp red Kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 can tomato passata
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp kasuri methi
500ml to 1 litre hot watee
Marinade the meat with the yoghurt, ginger garlic paste, meat masala leave to marinate at room temperature from 30 minutes to a few hours, as you prefer).
1. To a pan add one cup ghee or vegetable oil and heat
2. Fry the onions, the more onions the more masala will be made so it is your preference.
3. Add the bay leaves.
4. Add the cinnamon sticks.
5. Add Salt to taste.
6. Add the crushed coriander seeds, turmeric, red kashmiri chilli powder and chilli powder.
7. Add the tomato passata and cook until colour changes and oil comes out of the sides.
8. Add the black pepper and kasuri methi and stir.
9. Add the marinaded meat to the base
You can throw bones into it which you ask the butcher for to give it extra flavour.
10. Cook until the yoghurt from the marinade dries out takes approximately 15 minutes.
11. Add approximately 500ml to 1 litre water and let cook for one hour covered.
12. Add some green chillies and garnish and a handful fresh coriander cook 5 minutes then serve