Lobia Curry (Black Eye Bean Curry )
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 onion finelychopped
1 tsp garlic ginger paste
2 fresh tomatoes chopped
1 tsp deggi mirch
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin seeds
1.5 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt or to taste
2 tbsp fresh coriander
1 to 2 cans blackeye beans
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the onion and fry until lightly golden.
3. Add the deggi mirch of using.
4. Add the ginger garlic cook 5 minutes or so.
5. Add the tomatoes cook another 5 minutes or so.
6. Add the dry spices and salt and cook 5 to 10 minutes until oil separates out.
7. Add the black eye beans and stir well.
8. Add approx 250 to 300 ml water and bring to boil.
9. Put lid on and cook on low 15 to 20 mins.
10. Remove lid and simmer until oil separates add the chopped coriander and mix.
Remove from heat and garnish with green chillies and fresh coriander