Lamb Rogan Josh
Here is Lamb Rogan Josh recipe that I used.
5 large shallots
2 tbsps oil
2 black cardamons
4 green cardamons
1 cinnamon stick
2 bay leaves
3 tbsp garlic & ginger paste
2 chopped tomatoes
2 tsp Kashmiri powder
1 tsp paprika powder
1 tsp funnel powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
4 tbsp yoghurt
1 kilo lamb
1. Add oil low heat.
2. Add shallots (cook until golden brown).
3. Add bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamons, mace, nutmeg (cook for 1 minute).
4. Add ginger and garlic paste (mix).
5. Add powder spices (mix well).
6. Add chopped tomatoes (mix well).
7. Add lamb and throughly mix (for a couple of minutes).
8. Add yoghurt.
9. Add water, enough to cover the lamb (medium heat until lamb is cooked, with lid on pot).
Continue to check and stir accordingly
Add salt to taste (this is optional)