Lamb & Potato Curry
500-750g Lamb cut into bite-size pieces
3 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
2-3 white & 1 Red Onion chopped
4 Green Chillies sliced lengthways
2 ripe tomatoes chopped
2-3 med potatoes cut up into bite-size pieces
2-3 Tbsp Oil/Ghee
2 Bay Leaves
5 Dried Red Chillies
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
4 Green Cardamom
2 Black Cardamom
½ Tsp Black Pepper Corns
1 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
½ tsp turmeric
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
2 tsp Shan Meat Masala
3-4 pieces Ratan Jot & muslin cloth bag
1. Heat the oil and brown the meat.
2. Remove the meat (leaving the oil) from the pot add the onions and cook till caramelised .... about 45 minutes.
3. Remove the onions, add the dried whole spices, fry for a few minutes until they crackle.
4. Add the ginger & garlic paste, and fry for a few more minutes.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes and chillies and cook for a few more minutes.
6. Now add your powdered spices and mix well, you may need to add a little bit of water to clean the bottom off the pot.
7. Add your onions and cook till a nice consistency is achieved – 10 minutes maybe.
8. Add your meat and chopped potatoes and enough water so that the meat is almost covered.
9. Take your pieces of Ratan Jot and place inside the bag and add to the pot.
10. Cook on a low heat until the meat is cooked and your gravy is thick.
Remove the bag of Ratan Jot & serve