1/2 cup cooking oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
7-8 black peppercorns
1 cinnamon stick
1 large sliced onion
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp red chilli flakes
1/2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp Channa masala powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp amchur powder
1 to 2 cans chickpea cans if using 2cans then use 2 onions
fresh coriander for garnish
1. Heat the oil and add the whole spices. Let sizzle in the hot oil one minute
2. Add the onion and fry until lightly golden.
3. Add the ginger garlic paste and cook one minute.
4. Reduce heat and add the spices.
5. Add splashes of water and cook a few minutes.
6. Add the chickpeas with its sauce. Stir well.
7. Add one cup water bring to boil then reduce heat and let simmer 30 minutes
8. With the back of your spoon mash up a few of the chickpeas then let simmer again 10 minutes
9. Garnish with fresh coriander and eat with rice or roti