1 tsp deggi mirch
1 tsp basaar mix
1 tsp cloves crushed in pestle and mortar
1/4 turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin seeds roasted
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp salt
2 bay leaves
3 green cardamoms
2 black cardamoms
2 garlic cloves crushed in pestle and mortar
1 onion chopped
12 dried red chillies
5 oz plain yoghurt whisked
1 tsp fennel seeds (optional)
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cloves for later
1 kg leg lamb
1 tsp garam masala to marinade lamb
Fresh Coriander for garnish
1. Marinade the meat in garam masala and set aside.
2. Set aside two red chillies for later and soak the rest in water. Set aside the two cloves and a little oil.
3. Mix the dry roasted cumin seeds, ground coriander, chilli powder, salt. whisked yoghurt and salt set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a pan, add the cloves, bay leaves, green and black cardamoms, fennel seeds, when they sizzle and change colour add the garlic cook a few minutes.
5. Add the onions, deggi mirch, basaar, turmeric and cook for 10 minutes stirring constantly.
5. Add meat cook 10 minutes.
6. Now add yoghurt and cook 15 minutes until liquid from yoghurt has evaporated
7. Add a sprinkle fresh coriander.
8. Drain the red chillies add to the dish and cook for 15 minutes until meat starts browning and sauce evaporating
9. Add 300 to 400 ml lamb stock or water bring to boil and then reduce and simmer adjust seasoning.
1. Heat oil In pan
2. Add the cloves and chillies and 1 finely chopped garlic cook a few minutes pour over lamb
Garnish with fresh coriander 😜