King Prawn Masala
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
10 fresh curry leaves if you don't have this leave it out as dried is not the same
3 onions finely sliced
1/2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
1 tsp basaar mix
Sea Salt to taste
1 inch ginger piece finely chopped
2 tsp cumin powder
3 tomatoes chopped
2 tbsp tomato purée
2 bullet green chillies
2 tbsp fresh coriander
1/2 tsp Kasuri Methi
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
500g King Prawns
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. When hot add cumin seeds let sizzle.
3. Throw in the curry leaves and stir.
4. Add the sliced onions and mix well
Let cook on moderate high heat until onions golden approximately 10 to 15 minutes stirring in between.
5. Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, the turmeric,cumin, basaar mix, chilli powder, sea salt, and ginger and stir well let cook on medium heat approximately 10 minutes or so until masala forms adding splashes of water in between to ensure it doesn't stick and forms a sauce
6. Add the chillies chopped lengthways and stir
7. Add the King Prawns and mix well leave on moderate heat and let cook approximately 10 minutes or so or until oil rises through the sides.
8. Add the chopped fresh coriander and stir.
9. Sprinkle in the kasuri methi and stir. Leave to cook for 5 minutes
10. Sprinkle pinch garam masala stir and turn off heat.
Serve hot 👌🏼