This recipe was given to us from one of our curry club admin team.
This biryani is made using Tooba Karachi beef Biryani ready-mix.
2 large onions thin sliced
2 large tomatoes or half tin chopped tomatoes
1 sachet 60grm of ready-mix Tooba Karachi beef biryani mix 750 grams diced beef (you can use lamb or chicken)
750 grams basmati rice (wash and soak for 30 mins)
4 tbsp. Ginger Garlic paste
Chopped fresh coriander for garnish
Fried onions for garnish (optional)
For beef curry
1. In a big pan heat Oil roughly 5 tbsp
2 tbsp. Ghee (Clarified butter).
2. Add the chopped onions and fry till golden brown Add Ginger Garlic paste and fry for couple of seconds.
3. Add tomatoes and fry for couple of minutes till oil starts to separate.
4. Add sachet of Tooba biryani Ready-mix.
5. Add diced beef mix well.
6. Add 3 cups of water and cook till beef tender.
7. Turn off heat once meat’s tender.
1. In a big pot add 1 tbsp. oil, 1 tbsp. oil
Half fill with water add salt and bring to boil.
2. Drain soaked rice and add the boiling water.
3. Once rice starts to boil strain after 15 seconds.
1. Use a pot which has a tight lid.
2. Grease your pot with oil or ghee and add a thin layer of rice.
3. Add a layer of beef curry garnish with fresh chopped coriander.
4. Add another layer of rice and another layer of beef and garnish.
5. Top layer should be rice.
6. Garnish with fresh chopped coriander and if you’ve got Fried onions sprinkle some.
7. Pop it in the oven gas mark 5 for 15 minutes.
8. Or on very low heat on gas hob for 10 to 12 minutes