Dhaba (road side hotel in India) Style Lamb
1 cup vegetable oil/ ghee
1kg lamb on the bone
3 onions finely chopped
3 tomatoes chopped
3 tbsp tomato purée
1 to 2 tbsp garam masala
4 tbsp plain yoghurt
2 whole red chillies
2 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the lamb and fry until brown.
3. Add the onions and tomatoes and tomato purée and let cook 5-10 minutes.
4. Add the garam masala, plain yoghurt, chilli powder, whole chillies and salt.
5. simmer 60-90 minutes stirring in between.
6. Garnish with fresh coriander.
Season with salt and pepper if required